A family recipe….it was one of my late sister’s favorites. One can find so many ”instant cheesecakes” on the shelves these days, but this one is the ONLY one my brother will eat. He says the instant stuff has a strange aftertaste (and I must agree…some them do taste like Canderel cardboard!).
It is VERY simple and quick to make, it sets quite fast and it is versatile….you can create your own IDEAL recipe!
Here are some ideas:
- Omit the biscuits and pour the mix into a pretty glass bowl. Garnish with fresh, whipped cream and fruit for a nice summery dessert.
- Use a different flavored instant pudding (the recipe says ”vanilla”) for a different taste every time.
- Add tinned/fresh/dried fruit for texture
- When mixture has set, top it off with bright coloured jelly by mixing the jelly powder with only 200ml warm water.
You see? So many ways to do it! Here’s the recipe…give a try, it tastes dangerously morish!!!
- 1 packet biscuits of your own choice
- 250g smooth cottage cheese
- 250ml fresh cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 packet vanilla instant pudding
- Crush the biscuits with a glass/mug and add 60ml melted butter.
- Mix thoroughly until crumbs are soaked
- Line a suitable dish with crumbs, pressing it down firmly with a fork
- Beat the cottage cheese and condensed milk together
- Add instant pudding powder and beat for 1 minute.
- Beat the fresh cream until it thickens
- Fold cream into the instant pudding/cheese-mix
- Pour over the biscuits and refridgerate until set
That’s it!! ENJOY!