Click here for source: Hummingbird Cake – Food Recipes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs- lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 (8 ounce can) crushed pineapple -do not drain
- 2 cups bananas, mashed or about 3 – 4 large bananas
- 1 cups pecans or almonds/ walnuts chopped
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Mix together with whisk. Add eggs, vanilla extract, oil, pineapple, bananas and pecans(or nuts of choice) and mix until all ingredients are moistened
- Spray 3 (9 inch) round cake pans or one 9 x 13 inch pan. Cook in preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 35 minutes until cake is done in center.
- Then Frost with cream cheese frosting or any favorite frosting you may have!
Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat the following ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound box (about 3 2/3 cups) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Garnish with chopped pecan nuts, slice and serve