Via Cheese & garlic-filled mushrooms | BBC Good Food.
Cheese & garlic-
- 250g small mushrooms
- 50g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large slice white bread
- 4 tbsp finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Twist and remove the stalks from the mushrooms. Place them, cap side up, on a small baking tray.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and, once it starts to froth, stir through the garlic and cook for 1 min. Blitz the slice of bread to fine crumbs and add to the pan. Cook, stirring for 2 mins, until lightly toasted.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool before stirring through the finely grated Parmesan, chives and seasoning. Spoon into the mushroom caps, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 10 mins until slightly softened and the tops turn golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, September 2006